On December 16th 1773 colonists disguised as Indians boarded British ships in the port of Boston and siezed the cargo of tea and tossed it into the sea. This was in opposition to the “Tea Tax”which had been imposed on the colonists by the British Parliament. They had no representation in parliament and demanded it was unfair they should be taxed without representation. This great “Boston Tea Party”led directly to the war for independence that started only a little over three years later.
Today we are in similar situations in this country. Our elected “representatives”of both parties have been ignoring the people for years and spending public money like drunken sailors. They have now become so irresponsible even China,who has been buying America’s debt for years is beginning to say,“No more!” The latest in these violations was their voting for a $500 BILLION (Thats $500,000,000,000 Dorothy) bill WITHOUT EVEN READING IT!!!! Now they are printing money like crazy to cover these expenditures. That’s new unbacked dollars that will make inflation soar,perhaps the cruelest tax of all.
People are now beginning to say,“I’m mad as hell and I’m not going to stand for it anymore.” Trillions of dollars have been spent or squandered on “bailouts”and phony “stimulus”bills that favor bankers and political buddies. This is making huge numbers of Americans very upset at the wholesale mortgaging of the future for them and their children. At latest count the expenditures of the last six months alone have created an indebtedness of about $30,000 for every household in America. If you add interest and inflation to that debt it pushes it to well in excess of $100,000 per household over the next 10 years.
Around the country people are having protests and calling them “Tea Parties”. Attendance has been increasing with many having thousands of “party goers”attending. These protests are not aimed at one political party because both political parties have been guilty of the same thing.
The TEA (Taxed Enough Already) Parties have gained momentum and there is now a huge rally planned for Tax Day (April 15th) in cities all over the country. There was one such day back in February when there were parties in forty cities. The Tax Day Tea Party is expected to have protests in over 300 cities nationwide and well may become the largest multi-city protest in American history.
Www.teapartyday.com asks the questions:
“Are you fed up with a Congress and a president who:
- vote for a $500 billion tax bill without even reading it?
- are spending trillions of borrowed dollars,leaving a debt our great-grandchildren will be paying?
- consistently give special interest groups billions of dollars in earmarks to help get themselves re-elected?
- want to take your wealth and redistribute it to others?
- punish those who practice responsible financial behavior and reward those who do not?
- admit to using the financial hurt of millions as an opportunity to push their political agenda?
- run up trillions of dollars of debt and then sell that debt to countries such as China?
- want government controlled health care?
- want to take away the right to vote with a secret ballot in union elections?
- refuse to stop the flow of millions of illegal immigrants into our country?
- appoint a defender of child pornography to the Number 2 position in the Justice Department?
- want to force doctors and other medical workers to perform abortions against their will?
- want to impose a carbon tax on your electricity,gas and home heating fuels?
- want to reduce your tax deductibility for charitable gifts?
- take money from your family budget to pay for their federal budget?
If so,participate in the TEA party rally,the Taxed Enough Already (TEA) party.”
Many are deciding to “go out for tea”on tax day. I suspect I will because I’m TEA’d. How about you?
Perhaps this could be our theme song: http://susie1114.com/10percentisgoodenough.html